Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Blog Series - Curves around the World - Curvy Plus size Outfits - WEEK #6 COLOUR/COLOUR BLOCKING

This week calls for colour. Now I know colour can be a tad scary -yes I'm guilty of not wearing enough colour, but we all need to go a bit out of our comfort zones every so often right?

So here it goes!
Curvy / Plus size outfit of the day - summer / /colour/ colour blocking / jeans / Matalan
This coral top is pure cotton so very cool on a warmer day. The jeggings are comfy and casual but could be dressed up. Both were £16 from Matalan. Bargains!
Accessories wise I kept things simple with silver hoops. I wore nude flat sandals to keep things focussed on the clothing. Ideally I would have added colourful shoes and bag.
Cargo Lip gloss in Bourbon St and Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
Yep, I matched my lip colour to the top. What do you think? I love the colour :)

I do love colour. It makes you feel bright, happy, summery and fun. Having said that I usually add it in more subtle ways. I don't think I'm a total convert to colour blocking but the challenge was fun. If I could I would have chosen a top and cardigan combo in clashing colours to make it really colour blocky (that's not a word!) or maybe more colourful shoes and a colourful bag as I previously said, but I'm happy with what I came up with. Its definitely bright and fits the brief. Bright blue and orange aren't colours you'd usually put together, that's for sure! This outfit makes me feel VERY summery. Now we just need to find the sunshine as it keeps disappearing in England!

I challenge you all to go to your wardrobes and wear colour this week! Leave me a comment and let me know your what you choose and your most colourful clothing!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies in this blog series. They are gorgeous ladies with fab blogs and we all have different styles and different shops in each country so check them out to see the differences :)




 
Get Bloglovin to read all your favourite blogs in one place, and discover new ones. It's free and means you won't miss a thing. Plus it makes me happy. Just click the button above and click follow when it takes you to my page. Thank you sooooo much :)

3 comments:

  1. Looking great in pants Helen ... looks like blue and coral/pink are this weeks colours. Your makeup is amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit came out great Helen, it's actually similar to something that I was going to wear, I was gunna wear green pants and a coral top. But it was so hot I switched to a skirt and a tank. But yeah I love how you matched the top to your lip color, looks great! And even though I wore neutral accessories too, I wanted to wear bright colorful ones too like you but I don't really have any, so neutral was the a great way to go! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pants!! You look great! I just am not brave enough to wear a colour pant but you really can pull it off! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It makes my day! :)