Pages

Friday 5 July 2013

No.7 Night Cream for Normal to Oily Skin Review

Those of you who have read my previous post about the Origins ( read that here ) Night cream know that I wasn't one for night creams before but I got converted. I first bought it for a long haul flight as I wanted a good long lasting moisturiser that was brightening and refreshing. I had heard great things about it so went to try it at the counter and never looked back! I think as I got into blogging more where everyone talks about beauty and skincare, I realised the importance of looking after my skin more, especially as I get older and really needed to use a good moisturiser at night. I like night cream as I also realised that I am often in a rush getting ready in the mornings and sometimes forget my day moisturiser (I know that's bad but it's true!) whereas at night I have more time and I'm more chilled out. I also find a little routine helps you to relax when its bed time and gets you winding down for quiet time. The Origins night cream has been in my routine ever since I first used it (I do forget on the occassional nights but mostly I remember!). However....

Recently it came time to re purchase and honestly I didn't want to pay the £34 price tag again so started looking for alternatives. I was at Boots and got the £5 off skincare voucher and thought hmmm I wonder what the No.7 range is like so started investigating and this is what I came up with:
No.7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream - Normal to Oily Skin - Review
So, after having a look around and reading the reviews, I bought the No.7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream for normal to oily skin. It retails for £13.50 for 50ml but I paid £8.50 with the No.7 £5 off voucher which I think is a pretty good deal. You can buy the cream from Boots here .
No.7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream - Normal to Oily Skin- review - very good night cream
I love the packaging. The jar is expensive looking with sturdy a sturdy, thick base and edges and it has a screw top lid. I love the white and mint green colour combo too. I don't think it would be great for travelling as it's quite heavy, but the jar isn't that big and you could always put a bit in another little pot-that doesn't put me off.
It's a very thick almost gel like white cream. It absorbs very quickly which I really like. I hate it when creams take ages to sink in or they are greasy.  It's light but very moisturising. It's also cool and refreshing which I love. I can definitely feel my skin is softer and smoother in the morning and is also brighter. I can definitely tell when I havn't used it.

As much as I really like this, it hasn't beaten the Origins Night cream but for now I'm converted. I won't be paying the extra for the time being as I think the No.7 is a really lovely cream and does the job well and frankly the extra money isn't justifiable.

What are your favourite night creams? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Don't forget to subscribe by clicking the Bloglovin button below-it makes me happy and means you won't miss a thing  :)

                                                                        Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It makes my day! :)