Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Curves Around the World #49 STATEMENT BAG

Ladies, it's been a while since I posted, especially a proper post. I havn't done an OOTD or  an outfit post for months. Being in a cast and on crutches didn't lend itself to getting ready, taking photos and dressing up etc but it's time! Ironically though today the focus isn't the clothes, it's the accessory. As accessories go though, this one is a beaut and actually this certain category of accessory is my absolute favourite and I am a fiend for them.....
plus size & curvy outfit of the day featuring blue statement handbag & animal print
I've shown all the bits of this outfit before, bar the bag and trainers. It's a simple everyday go to easy outfit. The animal print makes it a tad more interesting but when you add the bag it just adds some oomph and fun. The colour is so amazing. It's love!  
Top-George / Cardigan/Shrug-George / Jeggings-Matalan
Trainers- New Balance / Necklace-Matalan / Handbag-Dune/ Earrings- New Look / 

(These shoes are the only ones I am allowed to wear since my surgery as they are so supportive and comfortable)
Statement Electric Blue Metal hardware Handbag by Dune 
This bag by Dune was a present from my fiancee for my birthday. Can we please take a moment and congratulate him on not only the style but the fabulous colour?! The boy did good. Fact! 
I didn't get to use it much before my surgery when I was either stuck inside or on crutches so handbag free so now I am using it all the time and it's perfect for summer being so bright and fun but still sophisticated and I love the metal hardware.
make up and face of the day 
Up close and personal! You havn't seen this face in a while so there it is!
Minimal (and very speedy!) make up- L'oreal Volume Millions Mascara, Rimmel kohl eyeliner in the lower waterline, L'oreal Balmy Gloss Stick in Sin for Peach, Rimmel Wake me up Concealer (highlight and under eyes), Collection Lasting concealer (hardly any, just on one blemish), Collection bronzing pearls (very lightly on the cheeks only for some colour). 

Do you like making a statement? Are you a handbag lover like me?

Now it's time to check out the other ladies in Curves Around the World to see what they came up with this week.....
Kate from Australia - http://www.sparklesandlace.net/blog
Thulie from South Africa -http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/
Nina from the USA -http://curvymod.blogspot.com/
Aislynn from Denmark - http://www.AislynnsWorld.com 
Jennifer from Switzerland - http://dressingthesecurves.blogspot.de/
Olivia from Singapore - http://curvesbecomeher.wordpress.com
    

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, that bag is gorgeous and such a lovely colour. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen @Every1sparkles22 May 2014 at 15:00

      Thank you Leah! The bag is a beauty for sure! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay Welcome back Helen! :) Your fiancee did a great job, the bag is a beauty, I love the color and the shape of it! It really transforms your whole outfit. :)

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen @Every1sparkles22 May 2014 at 14:59

      Good to be back Nina! Thank you for your comment. My boy definitely did good :)

      Delete
  3. He did do a great job!! Fabulous colour and style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely did a good job! I love the bag. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Oh that blue bag is gorgeous! So glad to see you post again!
    Love
    Jennifer
    http://dressingthesecurves.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes it definitely is gorgeous :)

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo, Helen! Back in the game! Such a smart, snappy outfit. And it's totally because of that electric blue bag. It elevates the neutrals and infuses a bit of fun into the overall look. I also like how you picked a necklace with chunky metal. It mirrors the detailing and clasp on the bag. Happy to see your face!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Such a lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  6. welcome back, am happy you have recovered!!! your fiancé must take my bf to a shopping class to choose nice items for me: he did a great job both on a colour and style... enjoy it, amazing birthday present ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love that bag. I remember liking on it on instagram and thinking "damn, my hubby needs to buy me one of those" :) . I really love it paired with the animal print, very "look at me", but in a classic, sexy way. Two thumbs up. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It makes my day! :)